High-powered, deep search technology produces highest quality downhole data.
Gap GeoPhysics’ Downhole systems combine Gap GeoPak High Powered EM Transmitters and EMIT DigiAtlantis Probes, resulting in the most powerful downhole EM systems currently available. They are ideally suited to the detection of subtle or deep conductors.
- 3-component Fluxgate B-field sensor
- Simultaneous acquisition of all components
- Calculation of Downhole magnetics and Hole Trajectory
- Real time viewing of data for improved data quality
High Powered Transmitter System
- High currents produce better quality data
- Rapid acquisition times and reduced survey cost
- Increased detection radius
- Increased depth of investigation
Downhole ElectroMagnetics (DHEM) provides greater spatial resolution of closely spaced conductors than surface or airborne geophysical surveys.
- The DHEM technique is ideally suited for detecting conductive massive sulphide mineralisation, in particular nickel sulphide bodies.
- The Downhole MagnetoMetric Resistivity (DHMMR) technique is ideally suited for detecting narrow ribbon shaped and/or poorly conducting mineralisation such as sphalerite rich bodies.
|Sensors||3-component fluxgate (EMIT DigiAtlantis) or 3-component coil (Geonics BH43-3)|
|Winches||AusLog 600-4 (600m), AusLog 2000-4 (2000m) or DGRT Laminar (2000m)|
|Tx Synchronisation||GPS 1PPS pulse or clock|
|Transmitters||Gap GeoPak HPTX-80/80 Transmitters|
|Base Frequency||Typically 0.125Hz to 2.0Hz|
|Current||200A for a 600m x 600m loop|
140A for a 1000m x 1000m loop,
using 35 sq mm wire