The DC8MV is a geophysical generator designed to provide power to Induced Polarization (IP) transmitters. Its output is capable of providing up to 8KW of DC power with constant voltage or constant current control.
The DC8MV was developed by Gap GeoPak Pty Ltd (GeoPak) to provide DC power suited for low current high voltage applications in a rugged, compact unit.
- Electrical components are fully enclosed and protected from the environment.
- Safety guards - installed on all internal moving parts as well as the dummy loads.
- Emergency shutdown
- 12V battery isolation switch
- Aluminium construction – minimizes weight and stop rust.
- Removable sides and lid – protects the DC8MV whilst in transit.
- Dummy load - provide a balanced load on the engine, reducing wear and helps to maintain the integrity of the electrical output waveform.
- Earth leakage protection – protects the user and DC8MV from possible current faults.