The DC14HV is a geophysical generator designed to provide power to the Induced Polarization IPTX-2500 transmitter. Its output is capable of providing up to 14KW of DC power with constant voltage or constant current control.
The DC14HV was developed by Gap GeoPak Pty Ltd (GeoPak) to provide DC power suited for medium current applications, with up to 1400 volts, in a rugged, compact unit, suitable for mine-site applications.
- Electrical components are fully enclosed and protected from the environment.
- Safety guards - installed on all internal moving parts as well as the dummy loads.
- Emergency shutdown
- 12V battery isolation switch
- Aluminium construction – minimizes weight and stop rust.
- Removable sides – protects the DC14HV whilst in transit.
- Dummy load – provide a balanced load on the engine, reducing wear and helps to maintain the integrity of the electrical output waveform.
- Hinged lid with gas struts – allows access to the engine for maintenance
- Diesel Engine – safer fuel
- External exhaust – reduces heat inside the engine bay
- Earth leakage protection – protects the user and DC14HV from possible current faults.